Thursday 19 September 2013

midweek motivation #4



Firstly, I'm sorry that this week's midweek motivation is actually reaching you all past that crucial midweek point. My main excuse for this is that I recently got a job, and therefore I've had less time to write blog posts. Hopefully though, once I get used to not being on a constant holiday anymore, blogging schedules should return to normal. Hopefully.

So, straight down to business. The image I've chosen for this week's post is a simple one. As is it's message. Because sometimes the simplest things are actually the hardest to remember. 

I know that when things are particularly tough it can be hard to see light at the end of the tunnel. Trust me, I know. There was a time in my life, not too long ago actually, when I genuinely never thought I'd be happy again. That wasn't just me being morbid, I genuinely couldn't see how things could ever go back to the way they previously were when so much bad stuff had happened.*

However, I can thankfully report that despite feeling that way in the not so distant past, I am now as happy as I ever was, and I'm pretty much back to being the same person that I was before. Although perhaps ever so slightly jaded. But the bottom line is - things will change. I know it's really tough to believe that, but it's something you have to keep holding on to - cling onto that hope for dear life if you need to.

By the same token, it's also really important to enjoy everything as much as possible, because you never know what's coming. So, in short, if you're going through a really horrible time at the moment, I promise you that things will get better. It might take a really long time, but you'll get there in the end. Change is, after all, the law of life. Just remember: 'This too shall pass.'



*I realise that a lot of these posts involve me cryptically referring to something that many of you probably don't know about, so I might try and rectify that with a more detailed post about it sometime soon. x
          

2 comments:

  1. This is definitely my favourite segment of your blog. Not just because of the great pictures that go with your story, but you're actually motivational (and write super witty which is cool).

    Congrats on the job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise! I'm really glad that you enjoy it! I hope you're well and that everything's good with you! xx

      Delete