Friday 20 September 2013

the week in pictures #4

poops and phats.

This week's 'week in pictures' is actually a strange one, because it's sans an Instagram collage. Unfortunately, I haven't taken anywhere near enough pictures this week (I believe the grand total is 3), and so I've instead just included a photobooth-esque picture of myself and my bestest Poops, aka my younger brother. He's a doll.

Quite a bit has happened this week, which is why blog posts have been arguably a bit scarce. I now have a job working at a local stately home, so I've been getting to grips with lots of new things, lots of new faces, and more darkened, behind the scenes corridors than are housed in a rabbit warren. I've even found myself casually in the presence of members of the English aristocracy. Welcome to the big time. I'm really enjoying everything so far - I'm especially excited for Christmas, when the house is going to be all decorated and wintry. Luckily, I won't have to wait too long, because Christmas actually arrives at work in early November. Festive antlers at the ready.

Other than that I don't have anything really major to report - I finished Alexa Chung's book 'IT'* and I'm just as in love with her as I was before I began it, perhaps even more so. The section on heartbreak was particularly wonderful, part of which I've actually included below because it's just that perfect. If you haven't read 'IT' yet, I highly recommend you do. In short though, Alexa is an absolute darling. She's the one. Glad we're all agreed on that.




I've also written a skincare wishlist longer than my arm thanks to Caroline Hirons. Caroline's blog is a mine of skincare information - see all her 'cheat sheets' for an excellent, condensed version of what you should and shouldn't be doing and why. (In brief: bin the make-up wipes, confine the micellar waters strictly to 'lazy days', always double cleanse, and never ever use anything that foams or contain shards of apricot kernel.) I predict the vast majority of my wages are going to be going on various lotions and potions in the coming weeks, so I'll most likely do a big skincare haul once I've got it all together.  

But anyway, I hope you all have fabulous weekends, and blogging should return to a normal(ish) schedule once I've gotten to grips with the fact that my diary isn't completely empty anymore. Lady of leisure I no longer am. More's the pity.

  
*Forever sad that she didn't call it 'Live Fast Die Chung' or 'Welcome to the Chungle', but you can't have everything.         

No comments:

Post a Comment