Friday 27 September 2013

the week in pictures #5

Once again, I've found myself without enough pictures from the last week for an Instagram collage. Another epic fail. So instead, in recognition of the fact that if we hadn't already graduated we'd be returning to university right about now, I've decided to share a photo from a little while ago of myself and the sisters I've never had.* This is potentially my favourite photo ever. For various reasons: one of them being that we just look incredibly, blissfully happy; and the other being Alice's post-tequila face. Babe.


  tequila. tequila.


Now, after that little jaunt down memory lane, back to the week in question. Honestly, I've been mostly working, which is nice, because I'm actually really enjoying it. I like meeting lots of different people on a daily basis, and some of them are just super lovely - a customer the other day said to me: 'You must get this all the time, but you look so like Kate Middleton!' Top marks for her.

One exciting thing that happened this week was that I got to see my friend India again after a very long time apart. India is one of my all time favourites, I've known her ever since school, and while other people were holidaying with their boyfriend's, we went off to Paris together for a sort of quasi-honeymoon. She's currently studying medicine in Edinburgh, so I don't get to see her all that often - I believe the last time was actually Easter - so I was super happy when she told me she'd be back in the big D for a few days. We actually ended up going shopping and, as has become a bit of a theme, she didn't buy much and I bought lots, so there might be haul sometime soon. In short, she is the Serena to my Blair, and I'm really excited to crash some festive events in Edinburgh come Christmas time.


oh hi serena and blair.**


Other than that, my week has mostly consisted of rewatching episodes of Blackadder (my absolute favourite being 'Corporal Punishment' - if you haven't seen it, you must. I promise you won't regret it), and attempting to get used to life in the world of work (read: trying not to fall asleep before 10 o'clock). What a wild life I lead.




*There is someone very notably missing from this photo, but that's just because she's not a big tequila fan, not because I love her any less. If you're reading this Leah - big love for you. x
**To clarify, the whole Serena and Blair thing is basically referring to the fact that one of us is blonde, and the other is brunette. Not that we're the hottest thing on the Upper East Side. Unfortunately. Also, as to why we're holding a pool cue in that photo, I'm not quite sure...
      

2 comments:

  1. You could definitely be a Blair. Not to sound stalkerish,(though probably will anyway) but I remember before you'd actually started university and now you're a graduate! It's weird how much I remember about people I've never actually met x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fern! You don't sound stalkerish! It's so strange isn't it? I feel like we've followed each other for forever - it's quite odd to think that you know so much about someone's life when you've never met them xx

      Delete