Friday 13 September 2013

the week in pictures #3

I feel like things have been a bit quiet on the blogging front this week, and for that I'd like to apologise. I've actually been unwell - but that annoying type of unwell, where you're not ill enough to legitimately stay in bed all day, but you're also not well enough to do anything productive. In the end I mostly ate a lot of macaroni cheese and watched an awful lot of gangster films (new favourite genre). But it's most annoying because I even had some posts planned and everything. But, there's always next week. For now though, as has become something of a routine, I'm going to share a few photographic snippets of this week:



   1. reunited, 2. winter is coming, 3. to read, 
4. signed copy of 'it', 5. antiquing like pros, 6. the very best, 
7. betty's birthday mouse, 8. there's no place like home, 9. throwback.

This week's actually been a rather nice one, despite my becoming an incubus of viral plague.* On Friday I was reunited with one of my very best friends in all the world, Gemma. We went on a bit of a shopping trip - well, I did, all G bought were tights and presents for other people. Forever showing me up that girl. Then on Sunday, my parents and I headed on down to Kedleston Hall for an antiques fair. Antiques are fast becoming one of my favourite ever things - hopefully there'll be a post about that sometime soon, complete with a haul. Excitement mounts.

Then today I had a job interview. On Friday the 13th. Clearly I didn't think that one through. Still, fingers crossed. Then I had to go and see the nurse for a 'new patient' appointment. Surprisingly, I was spared the more awkward questions that are normally thrown at me in such situations (most of them very very personal, for example the thinly veiled: 'So, are you in a relationship at the moment?' Ahem.) But I did have to have my blood pressure taken, so you clearly can't win them all.

So, that's this week really. If you feel so inclined, do check out my instagram; I actually took more photos this week than I could fit on this post. Just in case you'd like to see what you're missing (basically a picture of me standing on a trolley in Wickes proclaiming 'yolo', and a close-up of Arctic Monkey's new album AM - 'knee socks' and 'I wanna be yours' are my current personal faves from that. In case you were wondering...) 

Anyway, I hope you all have fantastic weekends, and enjoy what's probably the last bit of warmth we're likely to have for a long while. Winter is coming...  


*Top marks if you know what film that's a reference from. A classic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment