Saturday 14 December 2013

Blogmas #11, 12 &13 - I have a social life?

what's behind door 11 (and 12&13..)

So, it definitely feels as if an apology were in order, given that I've missed so many days that this has had to become a three product post. One evening was our Christmas work party, so I was more focused on drinking G&T's than anything else (sorry not sorry), and another evening I agreed to help out at a Twilight evening at work. Sadly, this had nothing to do with Edward Cullen. Pity. Regardless, I'm determined to catch up with the Blogmas posts that I've missed, so here goes...

Day 11 saw the welcome return of a product that I've actually owned before: Steamcream.  The product lends its name to the process behind it's manufacture: the natural ingredients are 'fused together using a shot of steam.' (Their words, not mine.) This supposedly makes the cream more lightweight and able to penetrate further to moisturise. Or something like that. Check out the website's 'concept' tab to be sure..  



steamcream.  


As I say, I've used Steamcream before and I did actually quite enjoy it. To me, it's main scent is lavender, so if you aren't a fan you perhaps might like to steer clear, although I wouldn't say the scent is particularly overpowering. Plus, I find it's actually rather nice to use lavender products before bed, which is when I mostly used to used Steamcream in the past. I'm excited to have a little tin of this again, and it'll be interesting to see if I enjoy it as much as I did before.


Stila lip glaze in 'kaleidoscope'.

Day 12 of the calendar yielded another exciting product - a lip glaze by Stila. I've long debated buying something from Stila. I often find myself sidling up to the counter in Boots, mostly alternating between swatching the eye shadow in 'Kitten' (I really must buy that soon..) and their 'One Step Correct'. But given that it's not the cheapest of brands, I've thus far managed to restrain myself.

This lip glaze is a pretty pink colour (even though it looks peach on the photo. Note to self: buy a good camera for blog photos), a shade that would probably suit all skin tones. It's mostly the sparkle that shows on your lips, which is nice for the festive party season that's upon us. I'm wearing it as I type, and to be honest, it does feel slightly sticky - never a preferable thing, certainly not something to apply before leaving the house on a windy day - but then that does tend to happen rather a lot with lip glosses. It's certainly not a deal breaker, but it could perhaps have been better.     


Dermalogica UltraCalming tester set.


Finally, Friday the 13th saw a little tester set from Dermalogica come out of the calendar. The products are absolutely adorable, given that they're in teeny tiny bottles, although I'm not convinced that you could actually get a proper idea of what they're actually like from such small size samples. Still, they'll definitely be good for going away or for on aeroplanes i.e. times when space in your wash bag is at a premium.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment