Saturday 7 December 2013

Blogmas #5 & 6 - an apology.

what's behind door 5? (and also 6, because i'm a fail..)

Due to the fact that I got a little bit preoccupied with some hobby craft purchases yesterday (hand stamped & embossed gift tags anyone?), today's post is going to be a double product one. Next time I'll think about my blogging commitments before I get the glitter out. Anyway, I digress.


Day five saw a product from one of my current favourite brands: Balance Me. Some of you might well remember that I recently bought a beauty box that was full of Balance Me products (I mentioned it in this post, but never actually went into any detail, so perhaps that's something I'll try and do soon), and ever since then I've been hooked. Thus I was pleasantly surprised to see a Balance Me body wash behind door number 5. I was even more pleasantly surprised when I discovered it wasn't the same body wash I received in the beauty box. After all, variety is the spice of life.


Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash. 


I've actually used this body wash a couple of times (there are at least some perks of being a day or so late with the calendar updates), and so far, I'm really liking it. It doesn't foam all that much, but that's probably down to the fact that it's formulated without sulphates, something that I can definitely get on board with due to the benefits of using products that are sans sulphates.


 Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation.


Day 6 saw a really rather interesting product appear from the calendar. The Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation is essentially supposed to provide the benefits of a foundation, without being heavy on the skin. Having not had the time to try it yet, I can't actually comment on how well it performs, but I presume it's similar to a BB cream/tinted moisturiser, a level of coverage that I'm probably most comfortable with. I loathe to look made up on a day to day basis.
   

it doesn't appear the most promising shade for my skin tone...


However, one downside is that it does only come in one colour for everyone, something I've not had good experiences with in the past. I find that kind of product is fine if you sit in the middling Caucasian skin tone box, but certainly not when you have skin whiter than snow, as I do. However, it does seem to blend in well, so perhaps it'll be ok. I shall keep you posted. I certainly don't want a repeat of benefit-gate... (Read: the lady at the benefit counter thickly applying a foundation that was both too dark, and far too yellow for my skin tone. I had to walk round town for the rest of the day looking severely jaundiced. Not ideal.)  





No comments:

Post a Comment