Wednesday 11 December 2013

Blogmas #9 &10 - things get sparkly.

door nine. 

Given that I went late night Christmas shopping last night (never again. Since when do you have to queue to get into Pandora?), today's post is going to be a double product one. Door 9 of the calendar yielded a product in possibly the cutest little glass jar ever - Trilogy's Rosapene Night Cream. 

Trilogy Rosapene Night Cream.

Up until very recently, I'd always been absolutely convinced that I had combination to oily skin, however since switching up my skincare routine (i.e. taking care of my face properly) I've discovered that it's actually normal to dry. It seems that for years now my face has been overcompensating with the oil, due to the actual dryness/dehydration of my skin. Who knew. Due to this I'm currently favouring super rich moisturising creams, and thus I'm rather excited to try this one.

It smells like most natural products do (I'm not sure now to describe it really: a bit plant-ish, but also rosy..), a scent that I'm actually quite a fan of, so I might well include this in my skincare routine from tonight onward. One of the things I love about the calendar, is that it's introduced me to several brands that I didn't have any prior knowledge of, Trilogy being one of those. It's always great to learn about new brands, especially when they make lots of natural and organic products.

On day 9, things got sparkly. Inside the calendar was a mineral eyeshadow from Inika. Inika is a brand that I have encountered before - their eyeliner kohl pencils are really, super lovely. As is this eyeshadow.


Close-up of the Inika mineral eyeshadow.


The colour is called 'gunmetal', and is the perfect, deep, metallic grey shade. The sort of product that will produce a wonderful smoky eye. I also think that it's pretty versatile, given that you could wear it very sheerly across the eyelids, or build it up for something more dramatic. Something I'm super excited to try out come the festive party season, particuarly given that I've never used a mineral eyeshadow before.


          a rather rubbishy swatch, but you get the general idea..



No comments:

Post a Comment